Friday, October 30, 2009

Autumn Birthday




My original layout for this card just wasn't working so I had to go in a completely different direction. The layout ended up being very simple but I think the image actually stands out more that way. The flower is from the Riot of Petals stamp. I stamped the image on Crushed Curry card stock and punched out one of the flowers with the Marvy Mega Scallop punch. The petals of the flower were colored using various markers. The flower center was highlighted using a Sakura glitter pen and then the entire image was spritzed with gold Pearl Ex powder that had been mixed with hairspray. Once I had the image colored I decided that the image looked much better against Dusty Durango card stock instead of Crushed Curry.

Supplies Used: Paper: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango DSP; Ink: Basic Brown, Various SU Markers; Stamps: Riot of Petals, Sincere Salutations; Other: Marvy Mega and Giga Scallop Punches, Circle Cutter, Designer Label Punch, Dusty Durango Polka Dot Ribbon, Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, White Signo Gel Pen, Dew Drops, Dimensionals, Gold Pearl Ex Powder mixed with hairspray

No comments: