Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bright Birthday




It has been awhile since my last post but I've been busy putting together Halloween treats for my co-workers. I'll post them soon but in the meantime, here is a card a made for a friend's birthday. This card is very bright and colorful and I love the colors together. I don't think I would normally choose to put pink and orange together, but somehow this works. I chose the card stock colors from the striped background paper. The card base is rose red and the accent color I used is pumpkin pie. I tried using the rose red ink for one of the flowers but I didn't think it was bright enough so I tried mambo melon and it gave me the brightness the card needed to match the stripes in the background paper.

Supplies Used: Paper: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Background Paper; Ink: Mambo Melon, Pumpkin Pie; Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Other: Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Mat Pack, Dew Drops, Dimensionals

No comments: