Friday, October 16, 2009

From the Crypt




I really like the images in the stamp set "From the Crypt". I'm not much of a Halloween person but for some reason I was drawn to this stamp set. I still have a few cards to make for family members that live out of state and I was inspired by the post on Beate's blog for this card. I had to emboss the image 3 times before I had one that I was satisfied with. I think the black pigment ink pad I was using needs to be replaced. The skull is stamped on a 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" piece of Certainly Celery DSP using Versa Mark ink and then embossed with black embossing powder. The Halloween Night DSP (retired) contained paper with a spider web on it but I wanted it to stand out more so I enhanced the web with a white Signo gel pen. I really like how this card turned out.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Certainly Celery DSP, Halloween Night DSP; Ink: Versa Mark, Basic Black; Stamps: From the Crypt, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Other: Black Embossing Powder, Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Mat Pack, White Signo Gel Pen, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Rhinestone Brads

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy this is spook tac u lur.....Susan