Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween




This is my second post for today. These are the treat boxes that I gave to my co-workers this year for Halloween. I made 24 of these coffins from the pattern that Jan Tinklenberg created. You can find the pattern on her blog here. She has a list of templates and this one is called "coffin treat box". I really liked the fact that you only use one sheet of card stock to create these boxes. These were all printed out onto Basic Gray card stock and then stamped in Going Gray ink using the Antique Cracking background stamp. The top was stamped with Versa Mark ink and embossed with black embossing powder with the images from the stamp set From the Crypt. Once I had the box together I sponged all the edges with black ink but I thought the boxes looked a little bare so I punched 3/4" wide strips from Black and Bravo Burgundy card stock using the Martha Stewart punch called Drippy Goo and taped them around the top edges (the Bravo Burgundy was sponged with black ink before applying to the coffins). I covered the boxes with some spider web material and then added the plastic spiders with glue and it sort of makes a little handle to open the coffin with. Everyone loved them.




I found the perfect candy to fill the boxes with at "Dollar Tree". The Dollar Tree had Gummy Skeletons, Bags of Bones and Eyeballs. I also put an extra plastic spider in there and a Hershey's chocolate bar.

Supplies Used: Paper: Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, Bravo Burgundy; Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark; Stamps: From the Crypt, Haunted House; Other: Black Embossing Powder, Drippy Goo Punch from Martha Stewart, Plastic Spiders and Webbing Material

No comments: