Sunday, November 22, 2009

Brocade Button Inspired




I made this card for a co-workers birthday and it is also my submission for the SCS Inspiration Challenge that was posted yesterday. When I saw these buttons I immediately thought of the medallion stamp from SU. I stamped the medallion using Versa mark ink onto Almost Amethyst DSP and embossed the image with white embossing powder. I repeated the same process but embossed the image using lilac jewels embossing powder so that I could get a shiny/glittery effect that I see in the brocade buttons. The center image was punched out from the glittery image using the 1 3/8" circle punch and mounted onto a piece of Almost Amethyst scalloped circle. I also punched out a 1" circle of Almost Amethyst and another 1/2'"circle from the glittery image and they are all held together with a lilac rhinestone brad. The main image was mounted onto a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock. The card was finished using Whisper White card stock that was embossed with the textile cuttlebug embossing folder and mounted onto a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock. Whisper White organza ribbon was added and the entire piece was then mounted onto the Almost Amethyst card.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst DSP; Ink: Versa Mark; Stamps: Medallion; Other: White Embossing Powder, Lilac Jewels Embossing Powder, Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, 1 3/8", 1", and 1/2" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Lilac Rhinestone Brad, White Signo Gel Pen, Dimensionals

No comments: