Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sparkly Winter Wonderland




The sketch challenge today on Splitcoaststampers really had me stumped for awhile. The first card I tried just didn't go the way I had envisioned it so I started over. When I saw the stamps in the set Scenic Season I realized it actually has a natural curve to the image. The card base is a 5" square in Whisper White card stock mounted with Night of Navy card stock and then some background paper that I've had in my stash for some time now. I stamped the trees and sponged the edges using Night of Navy. The stamped image is mounted onto a piece of Night of Navy and adhered to the card base. I really wanted the scene to look sparkly like new fallen snow so I spritzed the card using a mixture of alcohol and frost white shimmer paint. To add even more sparkle I used frosted lace stickles on the snow drifts and a Sakura glitter pen to the trees. Once I had the image stamped and cut out the rest of the card came together quickly.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Background Paper (unknown); Ink: Night of Navy; Stamps: Scenic Season, Snow Flurries, Glad Tidings; Other: 3/4", 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Miniature Snowflake Punch, Dew Drops, Frosted Lace Stickles, Sakura Glitter Pen, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Dimensionals

No comments: