Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding Card




This card was for my niece and her husband who were married on Saturday. The wedding was in Connecticut so my husband and I drove down for the wedding. Unfortunately, the weather was just horrible with rain and gale force winds. We didn't actually make it to the ceremony but were fortunate enough to attend the reception. Even though the weather was awful a good time was had by all. The inspiration for the card I saw here and there was even a template to download.

The dress was made using shimmery white card stock and I used the divine swirls cuttlebug embossing folder for the skirt portion of the dress. After embossing the skirt I used frost white shimmer paint to highlight the swirls in the skirt and added the scalloped edge and half pearls to finish the look. For the lapels on the tuxedo I embossed them using versamark ink and clear embossing powder and the buttons are shiny black brads. Both the dress and tuxedo are raised up using dimensionals. Since the bridesmaids dresses were in burgundy I wanted to try and incorporate that color within the card and decided to mount the dress and tuxedo onto a piece of bravo burgundy card stock that was embossed using the textile cuttlebug embossing folder.

Supplies Used: Paper: Shimmery White, Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy; Ink: Versamark; Other: Divine Swirls and Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Clear Embossing Powder, Scallop Edge Punch, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Black Brads, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

No comments: