Friday, July 30, 2010

Elements of Style in Amethyst




My card was totally inspired by this card I saw on Splitcoast. Karen Barber does amazing work! I was nervous putting the vellum card stock through the xyron machine after I had it all colored. I figured that if it didn't work then I would just make something else. I'm so please with the way it turned out. I love the technique of the double embossing and I'm sure I'll try this again. I made this for my sister's birthday and even though I've never actually seen a purple rose it's my sister's favorite color so I went with it.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Almost Amethyst, Night of Navy, Vellum C/S, Almost Amethyst DSP; Ink: Black Pigment Ink, Various SU Markers; Stamps: Elements of Style; Other: Black Embossing Powder, Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, Half Pearls, Navy Organdy Ribbon, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Dimensionals

No comments: