Monday, July 19, 2010

Vintage Birthday




This card was for my oldest sister who turned 68 on July 11th. Don't be fooled by the title of my post because "vintage" doesn't describe her at all. The only thing vintage was the title in the stamp set I used. She definitely doesn't look 68 and up until last year she worked 2 jobs (1 full-time and 1 part-time). She is an amazing woman and I'm proud to have her as a sister. Her favorite color is red and I really wanted to use a few of the new SU colors so I chose Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso and they look amazing together. All of the flower images were attached to the card with dimensionals and the leaves were adhered after the flowers were attached. The most difficult part of this card was cutting out all of the elements.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso; Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Versa Mark; Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Warmest Regards; Other: White Embossing Powder, 1/2 Pearls, Scallop Border Punch, Dimensionals

No comments: