Sunday, July 18, 2010

Whoo Graduated?




This card was from my niece who graduated from high school this year and her school colors are black and orange. Not my favorite color combination (unless its for Halloween). I didn't want to end up with a card that looked like it was made as a Halloween card and I had seen various punch art owls created and so I had to try it for myself. What could be more perfect for a graduation card than an owl! I didn't have anything to make a tassel with except ribbon so I just kept fraying one end until it was the length I needed and attached it to the orange "mortar board" with a black brad. Of course I had to add the googly eyes to make him even more whimsical. My niece loved it.

Supplies Used: Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla; Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel; Stamps: Event Full, Say it with Scallops; Other: Scallop Circle Punch, Round Tab Punch, Modern Label Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Wide Oval Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Brad, Rhinestone Brad, Googly Eyes, Dimensionals

No comments: