Saturday, October 9, 2010

Brown in Vogue




I'm really enjoying the "Hope You Can Cling To" challenges on SCS. This challenge was to "bring in the brown" so I decided to use 2 shades of brown, crumb cake and soft suede. These 2 shades coordinate together so well but I also wanted to bring in color so I chose mambo melon and crushed curry. I wanted the flowers to be a little softer in color so the images were off-stamped before stamping onto the very vanilla oval. Of course when I off-stamped the crushed curry it must have picked up some of the melon mambo ink hence the orange hue on the flower.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry; Ink: Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry; Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Sincere Salutations; Other: Oval Cutter, Scallop Border Punch, Soft Suede Grosgrain Ribbon, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Tombow Adhesive, Dimensionals

No comments: