Friday, October 22, 2010

Happiness by the Sea




I'm trying to improve my water coloring abilities and this stamp lends itself very nicely to water coloring. This turned out better than I thought it would since this is only my 2nd time water coloring. The image was stamped onto watercolor paper with black staz-on ink and I used watercolor pencils and an aqua painter to color the image with. I'm not sure the background paper really goes with the image but I wanted something fun and colorful. The paper was purchased at Jo Ann's so I don't know what company this is from. The paper was embossed with the floral fantasy embossing folder and the images on the paper are similar to the images on the embossing folder.

Supplies Used: Paper: Watercolor Paper, Pink Passion, Early Espresso, Background Paper (unknown); Ink: Black Staz-on, Early Espresso; Stamps: Summer By the Sea; Other: Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painter, Satin Ribbon, Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder

No comments: