Sunday, November 28, 2010

Vintage Santa




I found this Santa Claus stamp at Michael's last year and I really like the vintage/old fashioned look of him. I have been trying to create a simple card that I can easily mass produce, won't cost me extra postage to mail and that has great design and style. This may be the card! I know it has several layers, but I have a difficult time creating single layer cards. This is about as simple as my Christmas cards get. I started with a piece of always artichoke card stock (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") layered with decorative paper (4" x 5 1/4"). The next layer is a piece of riding hood red card stock (3" x 4") layered with always artichoke (2 7/8" x 3 7/8") and a piece of decorative paper (2 3/4" x 3 3/4"). I added riding hood red taffeta ribbon and 2 red glitter brads over 1/2" circles of always artichoke card stock. This piece was adhered to a standard A2 card in riding hood red. The Santa image was stamped onto a piece of whisper white card stock (2" x 3") using basic brown ink and layered to a piece of riding hood red card stock (2 1/8" x 3 1/8") and a piece of always artichoke card stock (2 1/4" x 3 1/4"). The face was colored with blush blossom and the eyes with bashful blue. The glasses were outlined with a gold gel pen and crystal effects were used for the lenses. I used winter lace stickles for the snowflakes and a glitter pen for the beard. The stamped image was mounted to the card base using dimensionals.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Decorative Paper; Ink: Basic Brown, Blush Blossom, Bashful Blue; Stamps: Santa Collage; Other: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Red Glitter Brads, 1/2" Circle Punch, Stickles, Glitter Pen, Gold Gel Pen, Dimensionals

No comments: