Monday, December 6, 2010

Santa Postage




I'm still working on Christmas cards! I needed about 100 cards this year and I don't really like to mass produce one design since I own many stamps and I really want to use as many as I can. I try to create cards that won't take me an hour to make just one. This card came together very quickly and I ended up making four of them. The postage stamp image was stamped on very vanilla card stock using soft suede ink and then colored using a riding hood red marker. I cut around the edges of the image using Fiskars stamp scissors and mounted the images to riding hood red scallop squares. The crumb cake card base was stamped using soft suede ink and the images were off-stamped first to give a softer look. The scallop squares were mounted to a strip of very vanilla card stock (5 1/2" x 1 3/4"), layered on soft suede card stock (5 1/2" x 2") that was punch using the scallop border punch and then mounted to a strip of riding hood red card stock (5 1/2" x 2 1/4"). To complete the card the strip was centered on the stamped crumb cake card base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4").

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede; Ink: Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red; Stamps: Christmas Punch, Winter Post; Other: Scallop Border Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Fiskars Stamp Scissors, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack

No comments: