Thursday, January 13, 2011

Punch Potpourri Easel Card




I finally stamped something this year! I was cleaning out the closet in my stamp room and came across an afghan that I started for my son and never finished and I've been working on that instead of stamping. I also have 3 baby blankets to make before April. There is just never enough time to do all the things we would like to do.


I made this card for my sister's birthday. Her favorite color is purple and I decided to keep it monochromatic. To make the easel card I started with a piece of elegant eggplant that measured 5 3/16" x 10 3/8" folded in half to end up with a square base card of 5 3/16". I punched all 4 corners using the scallop trim corner punch and then the 3 open sides using the scallop trim border punch. I didn't have any trouble punching through the 2 layers of card stock. To create the card front I began with a piece of elegant eggplant that measured 5 3/16" square and using the scallop trim corner and border punches punched around the entire piece. I punched the corners first and then used the border punch.


I layered the card front and inside easel portion with a piece of perfect plum that measured 4 1/4" square. To complete the card front I used the vintage wallpaper embossing folder with whisper white card stock that measured 4" square and sponged the raised images with elegant eggplant. Then I stamped the images from the Punch Potpourri set in elegant eggplant and perfect plum (off stamped once) onto whisper white card stock and punch the images out. The multi-loop bow was attached using glue dots and the stamped images were mounted to the card front with dimensionals. The sentiment from oval all set was stamped using elegant eggplant ink onto whisper white card stock and mounted it to a piece of elegant eggplant scallop oval. I then added rhinestones and pearls were to complete.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum; Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum; Stamps: Punch Potpourri, Oval All; Other: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Corner and Border Punches, 2 Step Bird Punch, Full Heart Punch, Butterfly Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestones, Pearls, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is lovely done with the square scallop die.