Monday, February 28, 2011

Hawaiian Inspired Birthday




My inspiration for this card came from two of the challenges on splitcoast, the sketch challenge and the free for all challenge. I don't always get a chance to make cards for the challenges and I wish I could since it gets the "creative juices flowing". The only thing stamped on this card is the sentiment, all of the other elements come from the Ice Cream Parlor Paper & Accents Pack. When I saw that the free for all challenge was called "Aloha Friday", I knew the colors from the ice cream parlor pack would be perfect and once I saw the sketch challenge everything just fell into place. The card base is a standard A2 card in whisper white card stock layered with a piece of blushing bride card stock and designer paper from the ice cream parlor pack. The scallop border strip was attached to hide the seam of the designer paper. I attached the flower accents to squares of whisper white card stock and layered the white squares onto squares of card stock that were the same color as the flower accents. Using the square scallop punch, I punch out four squares in whisper white card stock and attached the flower layers. The scallop squares were attached to the card with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of whisper white card stock with melon mambo ink and punch it out using the word window punch. I added rhinestones to each of the flower centers and to the sentiment for some added "bling".

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait, Marina Mist, Blushing Bride, Ice Cream Parlor Paper & Accents Pack; Ink: Melon Mambo; Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes; Other: Scallop Square Punch, Word Window Punch, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

No comments: