Friday, March 4, 2011

Anniversary Bliss




This card will be going to my sister and her husband and it will actually be on time this year. It seems like I miss their anniversary every year and I always feel bad because she never forgets my anniversary. My sister's favorite color is purple and I decided it was time to use concord crush. I really like that the framed tulip embossing folder fits the standard A2 card and doesn't leave a large border. The flourish was stamped in concord crush ink on a piece of whisper white card stock and then spritzed with frost white shimmer mist. The stamped image was then layered on a piece of concord crush card stock and another piece of whisper white card stock. The butterfly was stamped in concord crush ink on a scrap piece of whisper white card stock and cut out. I wanted to add ribbon or lace and tried several different things before deciding on the white organdy ribbon. The ribbon was to wide so I folded it in thirds and added the ribbon slide to hold it in place. I attached the pearls to the card elements and glued the butterfly in place with tombow adhesive.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Concord Crush; Ink: Concord Crush; Stamps: Bliss; Other: Frost White Shimmer Mist, Pearls, White Organdy Ribbon, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Ribbon Slide

No comments: