Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Caring Sympathy




I wanted to use the hydrangea image from the "Because I Care" stamp set for my sympathy card but I wanted the layout to be different and the sketch challenge on Splitcoast became my inspiration. I was having a difficult time with the corner to corner layer but once I stamped the single blossom image in versa mark ink and added the paper piercing it all just came together. I colored the hydrangea image using a blender pen with cameo coral and rose red ink and the flower centers were highlighted with a white gel pen. The leaves and stem were colored with old olive ink. Once the image was colored I wanted it to have a little shimmer so I spritzed it with frost white shimmer mist and then mounted it to a piece of rose red card stock. The stamped image and the sentiment were adhered to the card front with dimensionals but it seemed off balance so I added the dew drops to the upper left corner and it helped to balance things out.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Rose Red, Raspberry Tart DSP; Ink: Black, Cameo Coral, Rose Red, Old Olive, Versa Mark; Stamps: Because I Care, Warmest Regards; Other: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, White Signo Gel Pen, Frost White Shimmer Mist, Dew Drops, Dimensionals

No comments: