Monday, March 21, 2011

Red Spinner Card




My nephew turned 10 and his party was on Saturday so I'm finally posting the card I made for him. His favorite color is red so of course that had to be the main color and I knew he would like the idea of the card being interactive since the spinner on the card can actually spin. All of the kids had to have a turn at making the spinner move. The main image was stamped using black staz-on ink and then embossed with black embossing powder. I used various SU markers to color in the images and then attached the spinner through a 1/2" circle of real red and the stamped image. To make sure the spinner would actually spin the stamped image was mounted to real red card stock using dimensionals and then attached to a layer of brilliant blue card stock. I used the number collage embossing folder for the background and adhered that to brilliant blue card stock and then to my card base. The remaining elements were stamped and attached to the embossed background using dimensionals.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue; Ink: Black Staz-on, Real Red, Various SU Markers; Stamps: Take a Spin, Birthday Wish; Other: Number Collage Embossing Folder, 1/2" Circle Punch, Spinner with Brad, Black Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

No comments: