Friday, April 8, 2011

Twin Monkeys




This card was for my niece who had twin boys this past Sunday. She did a monkey themed nursery and I thought I would try and incorporate that into her card. I posted a card earlier this week with a monkey on it but in order to have two monkeys on the card front I needed to make them smaller than my original punch art monkey. I used most of the same basic punches but made modifications so the finished monkeys wouldn't be so large. Once I had them made I knew that I wanted to have one of them hanging from some vines and decided to add in the tree with vines. To create the tree I punch 6 ovals from crumb cake card stock using the 3/4" x 1 15/16" oval punch and then snipped off the rounded parts. I then stamped the ovals using the textured image from "The Art of Life" stamp set and sponged all the edges using crumb cake ink. To create the palm leaves I used the 5 petal flower punch and punched one in certainly celery card stock and one in wild wasabi card stock. I then cut each one into 5 separate petal pieces and snipped around each one to create the palm leaf and then sponged all of the pieces using wild wasabi ink. The vines were created using the branch from the 2-step bird punch and the sizzlits scribbles swirls with certainly celery card stock. Once all of the pieces were punched, stamped, and sponged they were adhered to the card front using tombow adhesive. Before adhering the swirls vine piece I attached the baby monkey using dimensionals and then wove the vine piece through the tail and glued to the card front. I actually like the smaller monkey more than my original creation.

Supplies Used: Paper: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Animal Stories DSP; Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi; Stamps: The Art of Life, Karen Foster Snap Stamps Mini Casual Alphabet; Other: 1/4", 1/2", 1", 1 1/4"Circle Punches, 3/4" x 1 15/16" Oval Punch, Trio Flower Punch, 2 Step Bird Punch, 2 Step Owl Punch, Crop-a-Dile, Large Oval Punch, Sizzlits Scribbles Swirls, Word Window Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Paper Snips, Tombow Adhesive, 2-Way Glue Pen, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Julie A. said...

This is just the cutest!!!!