Saturday, June 18, 2011

Birthday Ties




I'm glad that Stampin' Up finally came out with a masculine set that wasn't just for the outdoorsman (fishing, hunting, sailing, etc). For this card I kept the layout simple. I only used 4 of the 5 tie images from this stamp and inked them using basic gray ink and stamped them onto very vanilla card stock. After cleaning my stamp thoroughly, I then colored the polka dot tie using the daffodil delight marker and stamped the image onto a piece of scrap very vanilla card stock, cut it out and attached the cut out image to the main image using dimensionals. Once I had the panel layered together it just seemed to need something else. I thought about brads or eyelets but it just didn't provide enough color so, using the photo corner punch and daffodil delight card stock, I punch out the corner pieces and attached them to opposite corners and it provided the color I was looking for.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Charbon DSP; Ink: Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight; Stamps: Best Dad Ever; Other: Photo Corner Punch, Dimensionals

No comments: