Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Penguin Paradise




My grandson is almost 3 1/2 years old and he loves to be with me in my stamping space. There are so many neat things for him to explore and he loves to color. He also likes to help turn the handle on the Big Shot and tells me he needs to "crank it". A couple of weeks ago he was spending the weekend with me and he was my assistant to create this card for him to give to his Dad. I didn't think he would do well with stamping an image so I went looking for something that he could easily glue or tape to a card base and I found these penguin images from the Penguin Paradise Simply Scrappin' Kit that was retired several years ago. I prepped the card base using bashful blue card stock and then tore some strips to create waves. The waves edges were sponged using white craft ink and then I added a few clouds too. I had my grandson attach the penguin images to the card base and all I did was tell him that he had to put them at the bottom in the water. The large penguin was attached with double sided tape and the small one was attached using dimensionals (I did have to fix the small one since it was lopsided). Of course he kept asking me when he could "crank it" and he wasn't happy that this card was not being embossed. Needless to say I had to put some card stock in an embossing folder so he could "crank it". While he was doing that I added the large fish using dimensionals then stamped and attached the sentiment.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Penguin Paradise Simply Scrappin'; Ink: White Craft, Black; Stamps: Best Dad Ever; Other: Dimensionals, Dew Drops

No comments: