Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sail Away




This is the card I made for my husband for Father's Day. I wanted to create the look of a porthole and hopefully I achieved that. To cut the porthole I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities circle dies. The sailboat was stamped onto whisper white card stock using night of navy ink and stamped again onto vellum card stock so I could cut out the sails. The sails were attached to the main image using mini glue dots at only the top and bottom section of the sails so that I could create a 3D effect with the sails. I wanted to keep the card very clean and simple so I decided not the emboss the night of navy panel and just added the sentiment at the bottom.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Vellum, Brushed Silver; Ink: Night of Navy; Stamps: Sail Away, Best Dad Ever; Other: Nestabilities Circle Dies, Dew Drops, Silver Brads, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that! Dad's a lucky man! Dave likes it too! Can't go wrong with a nautical theme-- you know how much those New Englanders love it