Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Laptop Easel




This is the birthday card I made for my son. He is a computer "nerd" and this card is right up his alley. The keyboard and alien head are both clip art images printed on computer paper. To create the "laptop" lid I used the canvas background stamp inked with versa mark and stamped it onto black card stock and embossed it with clear embossing powder. The alien head was adhered to black card stock that was punched using the wide oval punch and then attached to a 2" circle of basic gray card stock. The sentiment was stamped using real red ink on whisper white card stock and attached to the space bar of the keyboard. I added rhinestones along the top edge of the keyboard for a little added interest and created a raised edge along the top with strips of black and gray card stock and then added 3 black brads to the top right. I really like how this card turned out and my son's question was "Is this a hint to what my birthday or Christmas present is?" My answer to that is NOT! I think an Alienware computer can cost up to $2,500.00. I told him he can open this card and pretend.


Supplies Used: Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red; Ink: Versa Mark, Real Red; Stamps: Canvas, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Other: Clip Art, Wide Oval Punch, 2" Circle Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Brads

No comments: