Monday, October 10, 2011

True Friend Birthday




I thought I'd take a break from posting cards that I've made for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges and show you something that I made for a friend of mine for her birthday. She loves all of the colors of fall and its actually her favorite time of year so that was the starting point for my color choices. The flower images were colored with markers using really rust, garden green and river rock. To get the flowers positioned the way I wanted I used my stamp-a-ma-jig...I love that tool. Once I had the flowers stamped I mounted the stamped image to a piece of really rust card stock and then pierced around the entire piece using the mat pack and a paper piercing tool. For some texture and dimension I used the square lattice embossing folder and embossed a piece of really rust card stock and then mounted that to a piece of river rock card stock. The sentiment was colored using markers in really rust and garden green and stamped onto a piece of very vanilla card stock and then mounted to a piece of really rust card stock. The background paper is called apple cider and has been discontinued for several years and it really works with this stamp set. Once I had all of the elements together it seemed like it needed something else so I added the circular paper clip to complete the card.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Really Rust, River Rock, Apple Cider DSP; Ink: Markers in Really Rust, Garden Green, River Rock; Stamps: True Friend, Upsy Daisy; Other: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool, Antique Brass Hodge Podge Hardware, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals

No comments: