Friday, November 18, 2011

Elegant Couple




My husband and I attended a wedding for our nephew last week and this was the card we gave the happy couple. The couple are both in the Navy and have been legally married since February 12th of this year but wanted to have a ceremony and reception with family and friends. They asked my husband to be the officiant and he happily obliged.

When I saw this Inkadinkado stamp set at Joann's I had to have it. I love the silhouette image of the couple. I began with a piece of perfect plum card stock measuring 9 1/2" x 6 1/2" and scored it at 4 3/4" to create a card measuring 4 3/4" x 6 1/2". I embossed some shimmery white card stock that measured 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" using the elegant lines embossing folder and another piece of shimmery white card stock that measured 4 1/2" x 3" using the dots embossing folder and layered them on pale plum card stock measuring 4 5/8" x 6 3/8". A length of white taffeta ribbon was tied around this layer and then adhered to the card base.

The image of the couple was stamped on shimmery white card stock in versa mark ink and embossed with black embossing powder. Once I had the couple stamped and embossed I centered the sentiment below that image and stamped and embossed that too. The couple image was layered on a piece of perfect plum card stock and adhered to the card base using dimensionals. I added some pearls to the circles on the elegant lines embossed image and added more sparkle to the bride's dress using frost white stickles.

Supplies Used: Paper: Shimmery White, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum; Stamps: Inkadinkado Wedding; Ink: Versa Mark; Other: Black Embossing Powder, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Dots Embossing Folder, White Taffeta Ribbon, Pearls, Frost White Stickles, Dimensionals

No comments: