Sunday, January 13, 2013

Colorful Christmas Trees


I decided to sign-up for the Christmas Card Challenges this year on Splitcoast so that I'm not scrambling to complete over 100 cards in November.  The challenge for January was non-traditional colors which wasn't as difficult to achieve as I thought it would be.  Even though I usually need 100+ cards for the holidays I only signed up to make 8 every month for the challenges.  That will get me close to the number of cards I need and also gives me the opportunity to create other cards outside of the challenges.

For this card I opted for something very different from my usual style.  I like the look of the card and it wasn't very difficult to make and I just might have to do a few more like this. The tree images were stamped on acetate using black staz-on and colored with sharpie markers.  Using a pencil I made a mark 1" from each side and used the 1 3/8" square punch to create the window and then stamped the sentiment through the window and attached the acetate piece using eyelets.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Festive Favorites, Four the Holidays, Snow Flurries
Paper:  Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, Acetate
Ink:  Black Staz-on, Basic Gray, Orchid Opulence
Accessories:  Sharpie Markers, White Eyelets, Bobbin Ribbon (Michael's), 1 3/8" Square Punch, 3/4", 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Silver Cord

No comments: