Monday, February 25, 2013

Skating Couple


February 2013 Christmas card challenge: Winter sports...skating, skiing, snowboarding, ice fishing, making a snowman, you name it, as long as it is an outside fun activity.  

I knew exactly the stamp sets that I was going to use to create my 8 cards for the month and decided to make 4 cards of each design.  My first card features a couple skating and I also combined the Christmas card challenge with a sketch challenge.  I stamped the skating couple in black and then masked them so that I could stamp the trees in the background.  The trees were stamped in basic gray that I off stamped once so the images would be softer.  I kept the colors very neutral in keeping with the vintage look of the stamp.  

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Winter Post, Lovely as a Tree, Short & Sweet
Paper:  Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Snow Festival DSP
Ink:  Black, Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Bordering Blue
Accessories:  Oval & Scallop Oval Nestabilities Dies, Bitty Banner Framelits, Rhinestones, Frost White Shimmer Mist, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals

No comments: