Friday, April 12, 2013

Nordic Mittens


Here is another card I made for the March Christmas card challenge using the stamp set called "Make a Mitten".  This card is a CASE from a card I saw on Splitcoaststampers here.  I changed the designer paper so that all of the elements I used were Stampin' Up but just about everything else is copied from that card.  It is hard to see but the mittens were actually stamped in versa mark ink on the designer paper, embossed with clear embossing powder and then punch out using the mitten builder punch.  I made this as a Christmas card but it would also be a great birthday card for someone with a winter birthday.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Make a Mitten
Paper:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Snow Festival DSP
Ink:  Versa Mark
Accessories:  Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities Dies, 3/4" Circle Punch, Snowflake Punch, Mitten Builder Punch, Modern Label Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Paper Piercing Tool, Little Felt Flurries, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Rhinestone Brad, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Martha said...

Hello from another Scandi-maniac :)
Wow, this is a great card in a fabulous Scandi-style. love the patterned papers and the mittens are so dead cute. Gorgeous!

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one to make Christmas cards in May :)