Monday, July 29, 2013

Ornaments with Sparkle

 
I finally finished the cards I made for the July Christmas card challenge.  The challenge was to use red, white and blue.  I actually used very vanilla for the white because the designer paper I wanted to use has very vanilla in it instead of white.  This was the first card I made and I was at a loss on what to create and went in search of a sketch and chose sketch #42 from the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenges.  You can see the sketch here.  To create the cherry cobbler layer for the sentiment I cut a rectangular piece that measures 1 3/4" x 3 1/4" and punched out 2 circles using the 1" circle punch.  I attached the circles to the ends first and then layered the sentiment on the rectangular section.  The flags strips were cut at 3/4" and 1" wide and then I just varied the lengths.  I used a 1/4" strip of silver glimmer paper to create the tops of the ornaments and then trimmed them to fit.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  More Merry Messages
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Glimmer, Festival of Prints DSP
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Snow Burst Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, 1" Circle Punch, Rhinestones, Paper Snips, Dimensionals

No comments: