Friday, October 18, 2013

Flower Box Garden

HYCCT1312 - The Colors of October - Challenge: In honor of October make a card featuring pink, green and yellow with a touch of something shimmery or opal looking.

This is a CASE of a card created by Loll Thompson.  I don't own the flower box die cut so I created my own.  I started with a piece of naturals white card stock measuring 1" x 2 1/2" and glued a 1/4" x 2 5/8" strip along the top edge and cut the ends at a slight angle.  To finish the top of the flower box I added another strip measuring 1/4" x 2 3/4" glued over the other strip.  I scored a line along the bottom and added crumb cake ink to all the edges.  To ensure a complete leaf image along the top of the flower box I placed the box on a scrap piece of paper over a foam pad and pressed the inked image firmly along the top edge.



Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Silhouette Sentiments, Pocket Silhouettes, Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper:  Naturals White, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink:  Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose
Accessories:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dew Drops, Crystal Effects

No comments: