Monday, September 29, 2014

Wonderful Weaves

 
I went digging through some of my older stamp sets to come up with something different for a masculine card and saw this set called "Wonderful Weaves".  The images remind me of fabric that would be used for a man's sport coat.  I inked up the images and spritzed them with water and then stamped them onto some watercolor paper. I'm not sure if I should have used more water or possibly wet the watercolor paper first but I was afraid that I would end up with images that were blurred or just big splotches of color.  I'll have to experiment more with this technique.  I do like how the card turned out and overall I'm pleased with the result.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Wonderful Weaves, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper:  Watercolor, More Mustard, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Black
Ink:  More Mustard, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Black
Accessories:  Small & Large Star Punches, 1/4" Circle Punch, Spritzer, Dimensionals

No comments: