Monday, December 15, 2014

Graphic Squares


I wanted to try something new and I needed a masculine birthday card and this card is a completely different style of card from what I normally create.  I used my square nestabilities dies to cut various sizes of squares and just started laying them out on the card front until I was happy with the design and then I glued them all down.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Vintage Labels
Paper:  Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Bordering Blue, Not Quite Navy
Ink:  Not Quite Navy
Accessories:  Square Nestabilities Dies, Tombow Adhesive

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm sorry to be leaving this message here, but I couldn't find any other place on your blog where I could send you a general message. This was the only place I found where I can comment, so I'm leaving this message here even though it has nothing to do with this post. Feel free to move/delete it after you read it.

I don't know you and you don't know me. In fact, I never heard of your blog until about an hour ago. I found it stamped on the back of a card that you must have created and then donated to the hospital (MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas). The volunteer department here has been giving out some of the most beautiful one-of-a-kind cards to us patients and I kept wishing I could thank the people who make these cards and donate them. I was really excited to find your stamp on the back because now I can finally thank someone who is at the producing end of the cards.

I am 28 years old and have been fighting leukemia for 5 years now. I had a bone marrow transplant in June 2015 and I'm slowly getting better. Looking through the card choices and choosing one is one of the highlights of my day and gives me a lovely way to stay in touch with friends and family back home. (I'm from NY and have been here in Texas for 6 months now). Thank you so very much for your generosity of time, energy, creativity, thought and materials in making and donating these cards. They mean a lot to me, and I'm sure other patients as well.

Thanks again,
Yehudis
yaldatova613@gmail.com